Places of Change
The Pina Zangaro Gallery
2040 Oakdale Ave
San Francisco, CA 94124 (map)
September 5 to October 18, 2017
Opening Reception: September 8, 6 – 8pm
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8 – 4:30pm
Change is constant in the natural world. Plants from seed grow, flower and die. Earthquakes alter the landscape and change the course of waterways. Rivers create canyons over many billions of years.
Humans have always echoed nature; building, creating, destroying and re-building. Forming and reforming our environment both natural and human made.
Here in the San Francisco Bay Area we have seen a rapid transformation of our urban environment within the last several years; perhaps, at this time more than ever!
In this exhibition fifteen members of The Bay Area Photographers Collective have chosen to explore change in a few designated neighborhoods within our urban landscape.
- Rose Borden – Market Street
- Adrienne Defendi – Albany Bulb
- Anthony Delgado – Market Street
- Christine Federici – Albany Bulb
- Dan Fenstermacher – Market Street
- Linda Fitch – Palo Alto
- Ralf Hillebrand – Albany Bulb
- Susan Hillyard – Mission Bay/Dogpatch
- Ellen Konar, Steve Goldband – Redwood City
- Tom Lavin – Oakland Estuary
- Heather Polley– Albany Bulb
- Angelika Schilli – Mission Bay/Dogpatch
- Cindy Stokes – Mission Bay/Dogpatch
- Nick Winkworth – Redwood City
Note: A smaller version of this exhibition will be presented in Japan in March 2018 as part of Making of a Beautiful Bridge at the annual Photo Yokohama Festival. Ari Salomon and Gene Dominique will be included in that version of the exhibition.
Trackbacks & Pingbacks
[…] will also participate in a BAPC group exhibition, Places Of Change that will be part of this event. The larger exhibition is called Making of a Beautiful […]
Comments are closed.